Thursday, July 26, 2007

Kilometrico

Many years ago, during housemanship, I used to like this Kilometrico pen very much because it has a sharp ballpoint and it writes smoothly. It costs RM0.80 then.

However, I noticed, everytime I used it, the ink would stopped coming less than a week. I got so irritated, especially in the middle of ward rounds with consultants, I used to cursed the bloody pen and threw it into the dustbin.
Not until I realized one day, that, the ink was actually finished within one week I used it; which meant, as a houseman, I used to clerk, and clerk, write, and write, summarized and summarized until the ink ran out within one week!.

Those days, our salary was just over RM 1700.00, and on top of that I had to forked out RM3.20 a month for ball pens.
But nowadays it seems, I have plenty of them unused (thanks to conferences and drug talks) until the ink get clotted within.

2 comments:

Shah said...

Hahaha. Got drawer full of drug company pens at my place. Love collecting them but somehow hate using them. Nothing can replace my Faber Castell Super Click I got in bulk from Mydin at a bargain....

sbanboy said...

Wah so many pens !!!!!