Tuesday, December 12, 2006

New Medical Diagnosis


Today, I "took over" one very irritating referal from a private doctor, "for further Mx". The letter was written in a short and small 2 pages of paper, with a list of problems, one of which was "Abnormal Ba meal examination". Ye, a new "medical diagnosis" I supposed.

No detail descriptions/investigations/results or what-so-ever attached. What happen to our professionalism nowadays? No courtesy at all. Expect me (and subject the patient) to full and complete history taking/physical examination/investigation again? In my daily busy clinic?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so irritating. So stingy in private practice but cannot use proper A4 paper!
I wonder why patients don't have a negative impression of the referral doctor!

This is not new. In my early days as an MO I received a single piece of referral measuring smaller than the size of your "555" book!

So disgusting!

Unknown said...

Aiya.. My hypothesis: perhaps the referring doctor wasn't the one who did the tests and didn't have the info. He/she probably had a hard time digging out the history from the patient too. So.. he/she just wrote the facts and no speculation.