Thursday, February 15, 2007

Get conned again

This was the third time I was "conned" by Tesco. Today, I bought a Fresh & White tooth paste 175 gm at RM 3.15. While on my way back, it just struck me to check the resit.

To my horrow, I was billed RM 5.25 instead! I quickly went back to the customer service counter and complained. The staff then went and counter-checked my claim. She came back and told me that the pricing was correct. She told me that the "blue" box was priced at RM5.25 while the "green" one was priced at a discounted rate, RM3.15.

I refused to believe her, as I have been using the same tooth paste for donkey years and I knew very well what the pricing was. I told her that it was impossible, as the 250 gm toothpaste costs RM4.55, and how could a 175 gm cost RM5.25?

She insisted that she was right.

Dissatisfied with her explaination, I went and checked the pricing again. It was then I realized, in fact, it was my mistake. On numerous look, it was indeed true that the "blue" box was actually tagged RM5.25!

However, any 3-year-old kid would tell you that it is impossible, as the 250 gm costs only RM4.55 (refer to the picture).

It could have been a labelling mistake, but what really put me off was, the reluctant of the staff to admit their mistake.

Anyway for me, it was just easy, I merely returned the goods and asked for a refund.

No comments: