Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sungai Pinang

Captivating view from the dirtiest and the most polluted river in Penang.
I wouldn't have ventured into places like this if it was not Celine who brought me there.
Being a Penangite, I do admit I am less adventurous, especially in going to places I am not familiar with, and especially so if there is no reason for me to be there.
Here is a seafood restaurant, at the bank of Sg. Pinang river, apparently is very popular with seafood lovers.

I am not particularly fond of seafood, but it was Celine's BD.
And here was one of the weirdest dishes I've ever had. It tasted real "geli", ...shudder.....

Well, if one likes seafood, don't need to go all the way to Tambun. Penang island has got even more to offer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like king crab. The eggs are good :-). But dun take the ovaries. There're some urban legends about getting tipsy from them. I never tried them so I dunno how true they are.

iml said...

Yikes!! isn't this horse shoe crab?? People actually eats this??