Thursday, August 16, 2007

Swatow Lane, not again?

Here again, I was in this so called one of the 'happening' hawker centre in Pg, but it has been so 'happening' for the wrong reason.

If it wasn't for the convenient of parking, I wouldn't even thought of setting my foot here. Yes, the parking cost RM0.50 per hour. Cheap.

My recent visit here, witnessed a different scenario now. More and more stores had been set up but still they are the same variety of 'common' local Pg junk food. What's so great?

There are two stores selling curry mee, and both suc*s, anyway.

Be warned, my tone sounded a bit hard now.

As more and more people'd been attracted to go there by word of mouth, their business had soared tremendously, so much so, the hawkers there had become rude and arrogant.

Some of them had implemented 'self-service' concept to the customers. If you want Chee Cheong Fun, you have to line up, pay on the spot and carry your own plate, a la McD style.

If you want Koay Teow Th'ng, at least not so bad, the food would be served to your table, but you have to walk to a designated place to get the spoon and chopsticks yourself.

My last visit there witnessed a full-packed lunch hour. We managed to get a table in the middle, but for some mysterious reason, the table's number was missing.

My friend wanted to eat Tom Yam Noodle, he was asked, "What's your table number?". My friend told the store owner that our table didn't have number and the reply was, "Oh, we don't serve if there is no table number", arrogantly.

"Bugger, so Lan Si, go to hell lah, you think you Tom Yam Mee is so super great ah?", my friend cursed, of course in his mind, and walked off.

By the way, if you happen to be there, avoid these: Wan Than Mee, Laksa, Chicken Rice, Koay Teow Th'ng, and Curry Mee, serious, as I've tried 'em, real suc*s; and probably Tom Yam Mee too, cause it is as horrendous as the store owner.

Alternatively, walk across the road to the old original Swatow Lane coffee shop.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah.. the hawkers there nowaday so cocky?

Anonymous said...

where's the picture of my food?

Anonymous said...

Well, your friend should have been better looking just like you in the picture, dark skin and macho then he would have gotten his tomyam free and delivered. Also, the tomyam will taste even hotter.

sbanboy said...

You should bring me there someday when I am in Penang :)

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

malaysians are rude, horrible people! i am ashamed to be malaysian!