Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Esplanade

1914-1918, OVR-GLORIOVS-DEAD

Just wondered, what this giant tomb was all about.
Just felt how peaceful seeing these uncles relaxing by the beach side, how I wish I could be as free as them.
The soft wind blew me on the face, as I was walking on at such a slow pace, as slow as this uncle who was executing Tai Chi.

I was here for a reason, OK.
I attended the certificate presenting ceremony for the excellence service award in conjunction with the Q day.

There were total of 618 recipients last year with which, only 10% were doctors. However, most of the doctors did not turn up, probably too busy with clinical works. Even then, right after receiving the photostated copy of the certificates, everyone just left, guessed, patients were waiting to be seen back in the hospital.
Guess what other excellences were awarded?

Can't they have thing like cutest doctor of the year award? I might be the first recipient, who knows. At least Fibrate got the sweetest smile award. So jealous.
MPPP building.

However, I gave face a bit and left at 12pm after watching some choir and dance performances. Furthermore, I didn't have enough time left in the parking meter.
My childhood place.

On the way back, I passed by Burma Road and decided to turn in for lunch at Swatow Lane. While having Wan Than Mee, I had flash back of an incident happened last week.

An elderly man was admitted with stroke. I instantly recognized him as the Wan Than Mee seller who used to cycle around the neighborhood some thirty years ago, taking orders for breakfast. Surprised with my memory, after 30 years.
The now Nagore Road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He he, actually I also got excellence in service award this year! :D