Friday, December 07, 2007

Connected

I still have not got an internet connection but luckily I can access the net anytime during work as each of us are provided with a computer with broadband connection. This is because all our consultations are done online and all the data are kept in the computer system, i.e. our daily consultation are 'paperless', minus the lab investigations as we're still required to fill up many forms (carbon copy some more).

My work station.

As I am new to this 'hi-tech' thing, I am still not get used to the system. Can you imagine, I took 15 minutes to finish seeing one patient (plus all the data entry) for a case that usually take me 5 minutes? I am quite dislike been a 'robot' as all our clinical notes are entered with many clicks. One step missed, we would not be able to proceed. That slows down everything if one is not familiar with it.

Curry mee.

Things and food over here are very expensive. For the last few days, I have been eating in the canteen. Somehow, it is not as convenient as what I used to have in Pg, where hawker centres are just across the street. The eateries are all far from the hospital and we don't have much choices over here. That's why I said, Pg is still the best.

Anyway, I discovered some nice Curry Mee over Taman Nong Chik, but the price was damned cut throat, at RM 6.00 (big bowl) !

2 comments:

huajern said...

Welcome to JB.
The office broadband can be wonky at times.

M K said...

this is cool can online anytime anywhere