Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Rainy season

Despite having the influenza vaccine recently, I am still not immuned to it. These two days I have been having a bad URTI with sorethroat. The weather over here is partly to blame. It has been raining everyday since the second day I was here. This is kind of depress as I can't go out to explore the city.


Food over here sucs too. So far, I have still not found a store that sell chap fan or economic rice. I haven't also found a hawker centre that sell variety of food. Most of the shops that I went to, sell only one or the most two types of food. Guess, shops over here favor specialty food.


Here are some of the food I had recently:

Wan Than Mee, RM4.20 (Medium), opposite Century Plaza.

Wan Than Mee over here taste a bit funny. There is no soya sauce which makes it look pale.

Seafood Koay Teow Th'ng, RM5.00 (Small).

Still, the price is above average as compared to Pg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hav been in JB for 5 yrs but still I find the food here is not that yummy compared to my hometown. I guess the people eat because they just want to fill the tummy (since this is a working city), not because the food is good. Well, put it this way, the food is edible but not delicious. May be u can try food in Taman Pelangi and Taman Sentosa, I guess these places have a more variety of food.

huajern said...

Food in JB is expensive. NO running away from it. You'll get used to it, if not you will be even more depressed. :)
Try out Taman Pelangi, just a hop away from Century. There is a nice cheap economy rice shop there, can't remember the name but it is brightly lit up and always full. There is a hawker centre there too, though food is nothing to shout about. Some of the cafes/bistros there have 'reasonable' set lunches/dinners, but definitely more expensive than hawker food. There large hawker centres in Taman Sentosa and near New York Hotel , but don't go there too late at night.

Cytusm said...

Anonymous, Hua jern, thanks for the info. I've been yearning for some economy rice. Two weeks I've never had Chap Fun.