Saturday, March 08, 2008

Men in blue

Today, I casted my very first vote. I looked so dumbed, but then this was my first time. There were not many people, so I didn't have to wait or line up for too long, contrary to what was told to me. I was so blurred until I forgot to fold the voting papers and inserted right straight into the transparent boxes for everyone to view! So embarrassing.
I was told by my staffs that, I could actually claim back the money for my traveling back here. I was told that the money was already given out, if I don't claim, it would be "masuk poket" by the officers in-charge. I was also told, the Chinese papers mentioned that voters in Kelantan would be given RM200 if they travel back to vote.

So, after the voting, I went looking for the "claim" counter. I asked the EC officers, one guy shyly whispered that I need to go to certain "booth" set up by certain "people". I then walked out from the school compound, and I saw many men in blue, absolutely no other colors seen!.

I was been referred from one man to another, and finally one guy brought me in his motorbike to a camp set up some 200 meters away. According to him, that was the MSeeA camp. So, I asked the two Chinese guys sitting there about the said claim. I was told, "No, there is no such claim. You need to go back to your original work place to enquire". "Huh? Go back to my work place to ask? Ask who?" Obviously, these MSeeA guys did not understand what I asked them, or were they just pretending?
Backed to the school, one chap then offered to bring me to another camp belonged to @MNO, which was a bigger one. I was asked to go into the office, and there I saw few others were already lining up.

So coincidently and embarrassedly, I bumped into a nurse who actually recognized me, but I didn't know who she was. And, she had such a thick face to ask me who I voted for.

Didn't my appearance show it all?

Anyway, least to say, my trip back this time was worth it.

1 comment:

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

hi!

i didn't hear or read about voters getting paid for balik kampung to vote. that would certainly be a very expensive affair if it is true. if a certain political party pays for people to vote it, then that's outright bribery!

i can access malaysiakini.com now without any problems. according to their website, their extremely heavy traffic has made their site nearly completely inaccessible. no, it is NOT a plot by the government to block their site.

lots of silly rumours spreading around by take everything with a pinch of salt. for example, my silly housemate was told by his friend by sms that pak lah won by only 1000+ majority, which in the end was not true (he won by 11k+ majoirty). also got rumour koh tsu koon had heart attack and admitted to hospital after he lost, which is also untrue. fun and sensational stories, but lacking in truth