Sunday, October 28, 2007

Qbay

Queensbay has now become another popular spot for people to hang around especially in the evening. However, the air over here is very filthy. I wonder how lovely birds could tolerate.

An irritating incident made me thinking. In the morning, I went to a Buddhist temple to meet a patient. I learned that the temple is the only English speaking one here and usually visited by rich people with big cars. While on my way out, a car was parked right in the middle of the road and was blocking my car from going out. I asked the owner politely to reverse his car so that I could move forward. However, instead of been apologetic, he asked me to move mine instead. I told him, that was a one way road and I couldn't move against the traffic. Reluctantly to give in, he tried to reason that I actually could, since there was no traffic behind. I was a bit angry but didn't have the mood to argue with him.

I was wondering, what was this inconsiderate and uncivilized uncle doing in the temple? One does not need to practice Buddhism to be courteous, right?

1 comment:

iml said...

Don't let his rude,ignorant actions spoils your day and your good faith. He's not worth your while.