Saturday, February 23, 2008

Election fever

Ever since the parliament has been dissolved recently, we have been bombarded with lots of news and campaigns in the TV, usually one sided.

Here is something we will not see on the national TV:



As the election fever is getting hotter and hotter especially in Pg, there is some interesting focus on the battle ground happening near my home town to reflect upon. It is about the battle between two personalities I knew.

Standing for Jelutong parliament is Dr.ThorTG, a young and new face from Gerakan, is my senior of few years. He is one of the nicest person I have met, a real kind-hearted, polite and humble man. He owns a successful GP practice and I had even locum at his clinic before. He was known to be active in Buddhist society and community service. Against him is none other than the renowned Malaysian journalist turned blogger and then politician, JeffOoi. He writes very thought provoking subjects and issues affecting the country. He is well connected and has big influences among the netizens. This can be difficult to decide but then I am not voting in Jelutong.

Instead, my area is Gelugor parliament. Here, we will see a big fight too between two prominent figures. DatoKoayKH, the incumbent Delima state assemblyman who is a well respected person in my areas. He did a lot of community service and would be seen in every functions organized in my area. Fielding him to contest in the parliment this time is seen to pose a tough competition to the well known ex-Tiger of Jelutong, KarpalS. However, KarpalS is a well known figure in the opposition who brought up a lot of important issues against the government. Seems like it is tough to make a decision, but my conscience would tell me this time, I should support whoever capable of making a big impact in the national level based on the current political situation.

So, should I stay balancing on the comfort position or aim for the sky?

Meanwhile, some people are so pathetic that they need to appeal to the publics and supporters for donations in the campaign, some people just got free publicity with giant billboards put up by private companies.