Friday, February 01, 2008

Steamed

Today is the last day I am working before the long CNY break. So sick of having to 'ta pau' economy rice back for dinner for the last one week, tonight I decided to have something different. Since I have a lot of time to spend, I decided to have steamboat buffet with DocLiew.
RM 16.80 per person (excluding 5% government tax).

We reached there at nearly 8pm, thanked to the bad traffic jam at the Tebrau highway. There were not many choices left. The crabs were all snapped up before that. What left were, 'varieties' of fish balls in various sizes. Yes, mainly balls. Anyway, the satay was nice and the otak-otak too.
Live prawns.
But we had some unusual cooking. The prawns were so fresh that they were actually alive and kicking. It appeared a bit torturing seeing those prawns jumping on the grilling plate and inside the hot Tom Yam soup. I ate 15 of them, grilled.

At the end, my stomach was so distended. Burrrrrrgh....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

live prawns?! call the spca!