Sunday, September 10, 2006

Ipoh Old Town

So, we went to Ipoh old town (supposingly, some of the best shops) to have breakfast.
Here was the Ipoh Koay Teow Th'ng or Kai See Hor Fun. My friend recommended to me and he said it is the best in town.

Price: RM 3.20 (Small).
Rating: 8/10

No doubt, this was very nice. I noticed Ipoh's Koay Teow is very smoothery and firmy. 'Best' but also quite pricey for a small bowl.

Someone asked me what the heck I was eating Asam Laksa in Ipoh as nothing compares to Penang's. I simply wanted to taste if there was any difference.

Price: RM 2.50 (Small).
Rating: 6/10.

One thing about this bowl of laksa, it was 'salty', as compared to Penang's, which is more sweet, sour and spicy.

Yin Yong or Sar Hor Fun
Price: RM 4.00 (Regular).
Rating: 8/10.

I always believe Sar Hor Fun/Yin Yong/Wat Tan Hor is the best in Ipoh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you teleport the yin yong hor fun to me? ;)