Sunday, March 11, 2007

First CPD

So, this was the first CPD (continuous professional development) event of the year for me. Well, thanks to drug company again, a poor government servant got to stay in a 5-Star hotel.
Though I've not been staying in many hotels, this one next to KL Central was regarded the best hotel for me so far. First of all, I was very impressed with the lobby's deco. Sound a little bit jakun, I really liked the setting.

Security was also good. Only those who stay in that particular floor get access to it, as one needs to insert the key card in the lift first.
The room was very spacious. Good lighting. Cigarette-odour free. Luxurious facilities, including plasma TV. Beautiful KL view.
One of the highlights of the hotel, is this bath area; occupied half the size of the whole room and surrounded by mirrors as well as sliding doors.
My friend didn't like the idea, because he feels weird bathing in full view of other occupant in the room, even if it is his wife. He feels insecure if ever he needs to share room with colleague, because the sliding doors have no lock, and he worries if a slightest 'wind' would blow the doors open exposing himself for a free show.

But luckily, the four of us, guys, didn't have to share rooms.

Overall, I enjoyed the one-night stay, and just hope I won't get surprises in two weeks time, like what happened to my friend and me last time.

1 comment:

just me said...

Referred to your earliest post and tickled by what you wrote and rightly too " Hilton will be blacklisted by me instead"