Friday, August 31, 2007

Merdeka

Minutes ago, we had just witnessed some firework display in Kota Kinabalu. Justin, Nazri and myself had waited patiently at the marina just to catch a glimpse of the firework display.

There wasn't any spectacular about it and there wasn't much of a hype here really.

The firework didn't shoot high enough in the sky and unfortunately our view was blocked by a higher building nearby.
I am not sure whether there was any spirit of patriotism among ourselves, but then I wonder has anyone ever received any merdeka message?

Here was the only one message I received from a friend.

Me, myself never thought of even sending one, BTW.




I skipped some of the lectures in the afternoon and wandered off to town for some sight-seeing. There wasn't much interesting things to look around here. If one talks about shopping, I suppose nothing beats KL.

I randomly ordered some local Chinese food just to try out.

Here is Tuaran Fried Noodle, RM 4.50. Quite expensive, for a Penangite standard huh..

No comments: