Friday, September 21, 2007

Reflection

Today, I practiced to be a total herbivore for a meal.

Got a sms from a guy, though didn't expect it, he wanted to give a lunch treat and brought me to a place I didn't know how to describe.

It is located in residential area but sells vegetarian organic food. There is no sign board indicating that it is an eatery place, but a word 'reflection' is printed on a glass door.

Most of the people got to know about the place by words of mouth.

There are only five tables in a quite small dining area.
Anyway, here was a weird and tasteless brown rice cooked below boiling temperature with pak choy, pumpkin, cabbage and vermicelli, all cooked with very minimal salt and oil.

Even the drink tasted very weird.
However, the most unpalatable one was this raw Tou Miao salad. I literally had to force swallowed all, cause I didn't want to embarrass myself.

The owner later came to our table to chat, and I asked her what kind of style her cooking is based on. She told us there is no particular style but 'mixed' and 'organic' style. But she said, organic food is very healthy and it can detoxify our body.

There is no menu but everyday there is different set.

For today, the lunch set cost RM8.50.

I don't think I would come back for second time, unless someone wants to give me a treat again. I don't really mind free meal.


1 comment:

dobbs said...

Raw Tou Miao salad? Ugh! No wonder you found it so unpalatable.
The meal might not have tasted good but bet you it was good for your cholesterol! ;)