Sunday, November 19, 2006

NADI

So this year again, I had the privilege to attend 5th Practical Diabetes Updates organized by National Diabetes Institute (NADI), at Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre. I rather didn't quite like the venue because Bandar Sunway is located quite far from KL and is not accessible by LRT. So, I took a Metrobus (No 10) from Kotaraya to go there, costing only RM2.50 for a half an hour ride.
Nevertheless, judging from such a huge turn-out, SPCC probably is one of the most 'spacious' venue qualified to host such a big event of the year. However, the food sucs! I did make some comment about the awful food over there in last year event, but probably that had fallen into a deaf ear.


There wasn't anything new anyway, but I did enjoy listening to few of the speakers, particularly Prof. Dato' Khalid Abdul Kadir. He was full of humours, unfortunately few people understood his jokes. I am a big fan of him anyway.

There were quite a number of prominent speakers from the local universities, however, what strikingly missing were those Endocrinologists from UMMC. I don't know why they were not invited (or rather, not interested?). I heard from some friends, there was some political reason.

Whatever it is, I had a great time in KL, though rather rush, and I wasn't able to concentrate much, as I was 'troubled' by an uncomplete project.

Till then, I don't think I would be able to attend next years' event (cause I've been there twice), unless some 'drug co.' is willing to sponsor me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for enlightening me on NADI. Hehe.