Sunday, June 10, 2007

Locum

Locum in one of the clinics that predominantly do health screening. I may sound desperate for money, but since I had nothing to do in the weekend, rejecting money to my pocket seemed a sin. Anyway, I am always eager to learn new knowledge everyday. Basically, what I did the whole morning was, interpreting ECGs and explained to the patients their abnormal results. Previously, private labs used to offer packages of health screening tests to walk-in patients. This had caused some concern regarding certain ethical issues. MMA has long been pushing for the establishment of Pathology Bill to address such issues. But now, there seems to be a trend for these labs to engage doctors to run the clinics. I think this is a smart move to anticipate the arrival of such bill. I wonder if such a bill still relevant then.

Related MMR articles:
Health screening centres.
Bad lab practice.

1 comment:

Palmdoc said...

And how "useful" were these "routine ECGs" :P