Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Dinner talk

As the polling date is getting closer and closer, the election campaign has become more intense. I simply didn't have the time to even think about the political issues happening around.
But, this is not an election campaign.

Tonight, I couldn't believe myself (and not embarrassed) to have wasted spent my evening attending a ceramah drug talk in a hotel, just to get a free dinner. Not entire free though, cause I paid 3 bucks for the parking.

Well, of course the main reason I attended the talk was that I am still a very 'physician' person, and I needed to update myself on the latest management on various medical conditions or even new product available in the market.

Second reason, of course, I wanted to break away from my routine 'ta pau' dinner, and try out the hotel food once in a while.

Drug talk over here is not as often as in Pg, where we used to have them almost once a week. Here, we had it like once a month, and the attendance was overwhelming.

Different people may have different perception, some see it as an exploitation of doctors and consider it a waste of the doctors' time. But, I always look at things from different or even multiple angles.

I attended these talks to make new friends (though majority are GP uncles), meet old friends (some are 'kaki' dinner talk), meet Leng Lui (most drug reps are pretty girls), collect CME points (for promotion I suppose) but of course lastly is to eat out at expensive hotel restaurant, which we doctors are too stingy to spend the money.

I love drug talk.

1 comment: