Friday, January 04, 2008

Economy rice

Chap Fun.
I finally found a place where one can have good economy rice for lunch or dinner. As economy as the rice, there are many choices and the price is very reasonable. What's more attractive to me is, they have soup as well, though not as 'ka liu' as home-cooked one.

Nevertheless, shops selling economy rice are scarce to find. So far, there are few, four to be exact that I managed to locate, but their prices can be 'cut throat'. I could imagine a few theories, either people over here eat more home-cooked meals, or they don't eat rice, or there is monopoly in the bussiness.

As far as Chap Fun bussiness is concern, there is no competition. I suppose this is one of the reasons why the price can be so 'cut throat'.

2 comments:

fibrate said...

I still think the 3.50 chap fun shop down the road from Seremban is one of the best around. Except the price has gone up to 3.70!

Cytusm said...

8 years ago, it was 3.30, so it has gone up by 0.40, still cheap comparatively. By the way, I like the concept of fixed price, at least we know we won't be over charged.