Saturday, January 05, 2008

Home sweet home

Nothing really beats this home-cooked lotus root with peanut soup, my favorite.

I am back home for a short break after enduring a two-week daily standby calls. Can't imagine the stress I experienced everytime the handphone started ringing especially after office hour.

My mood has been very irritable, especially the last one week. There were so many referrals I had to see, what was more irritating, most of the cases were non-urgent which could be seen as out-patient.

I could sense an overly 'referring culture' over here. People just refer every single thing to each other without even bother to do a bit of investigations or work-up, irregardless whether the cases are related or not.

Sometimes, I could be sarcastic over the phone, but I really couldn't help it when there were so many cases to be cleared in the clinic, on top of that, the referrals kept coming in.

Most of the time, the HOs were the victims because they just helped execute what their bosses asked them to do.

I am now able to gasp a breath of fresh air but hope to recuperate before another round of irritable calls again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha.. Now u know wat's like doing standby call for a prolonged period.