Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hutan Bandar

Today was a rare occasion where I went without my usual rice and egg. We deviated from our initial path to the Rainbow City half way, and headed to this particular part of the city where you find lots of greeneries resembling jungle, thus the name of this place, jungle within the city.
I didn't feel very hungry this afternoon and Ryan recommended me some nice halal Kolo mee which I was very skeptical about. Where would you find nice Kolo mee without the lard thing?
The location was just opposite the school complexes and during lunch hour, it was swamped by mostly school children. Within the nice and calm scenery, there was a row of stores that sell varieties of local Malay food, but we only wanted to eat at this particular store that sells Kolo Mee, which was prepared by whom I presumed a Chinese convert (from the appearance) whose wife is a Malay.
My Kolo Mee Special, RM 4.00.
Ryan's Chor Mee, RM 4.00.

Both preparations have some distinct 'burnt' taste with added 'ham choy' (pickled vegetable) which made them so special. Surprisingly, even without the 'chu yao', they definitely beat all the other similar type of Chinese noodles I have ever tasted in this region.

Highly recommended if anyone happens to be in this region.

No comments: