Monday, February 25, 2008

Rush hour

Courtesy of Ryan
I sighed a big relieve after finished presenting a CPD topic to the doctors tonight. I've been having sleepless nights for the last two days preparing for my presentation. Not because I was not given sufficient time, in fact, I was told a month before. A last minute kind of person, my mind didn't seem to be able to think and get working before the dateline. So, for the last two days, I have been feeling very anxious and stressed out, rushing to finish my slides.

Also, due to my last minute touch up on the slides, I was 20 minutes late to pick up Ryan, who tagged along to give me moral support. It was not without some minor hitch too, despite been late, we realized that we had gone to the wrong venue in another hospital.

I was trembling all the way, due to my anxiety and partly due to 'hypoglycaemia', I managed to have four sticks of chicken satay 5 minutes before my talk. Huh!

By the time we finished by 10pm, I was all tired, sleepy and hungry. We headed to Rainbow City for dinner plus supper.
Curry Mee, RM 3.50 (small).
"Bo Ho Ciak"

Gonna rest one day, but Mortality Review this Friday and CME presentation next Wednesday. More sleepless nights to come.

3 comments:

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

yup, preparing for presentations is VERY stressful!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dr Chong, Dr Kok just show me your blog and about my sms, we laught until almost pengsan...hows life in Johor, do remember keep me update if got any cure for Psoriasis....
Fr Desmond
desmond_lim@merck.com

Cytusm said...

Don't worry Desmond, if I discover any promising drug for Psoriasis, you will be my first guinea pig.