Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day

Today is a special day because whoever born today, gets to celebrate one's birthday once in every four years in a strict sense. Today is actually a Leap Day. However, a person who was born on this day may choose to celebrate his/her birthday on 28th February or 1st March in the non-leap years. Nevertheless, it really depends on the individuals how important their birthdays meant to them.

When I was small, I wished I grew 4 years faster than anyone else because I was the shortest in the class. I wished I could grow faster so that I could do what the adult could do. But now, at such a age group, how I wish to only age once in every 4 years.

Anyway, here I would like to showcase my Bonsai tree that shaped like a man.

With big arms.
And complete with the big 'thing' down there.

Some Symbolic Feng Shui practitioners see Bonsai as something unfavorable Feng Shui object to keep, because they believe Bonsai symbolizes growth retardation which is not good for business, career or wealth. They also believe Bonsai has no freedom and is forever been dictated by others how it should grow.

On the other hand, I see Bonsai from the different aspect, and it symbolizes anti-aging, youthfulness, beauty, cute, adorable and humble, which is a good Feng Shui object to keep. I believe Bonsai can be seen as compliant, very accommodating and easily adaptable to whatever environment that shapes it.

3 comments:

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

thing down there? what thing? i don't understand!

Cytusm said...

KuKuCiao thing, Chen. Didn't you see?

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

i'm such a good, innocent boy. i don't understand what this is all about!

;)